St. Patrick’s Day is next week and so we are sharing a quick and easy cupcake idea.
Sweet heart cupcakes – Shamrock Style will definitely be a hit in the office, your child’s classroom or at a party.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 8 drops green food coloring
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Ready in: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a standard muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Beat the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and egg whites together on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes, until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full with white batter; set aside.
- Stir 4-8 drops of green food coloring into the remaining bowl of batter to make the batter green.
- Pour the batter into a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Cut a corner off the bag, stick the open tip into the center of each cup of white batter and squeeze in about two tablespoons of green batter.
- Bake the layered cupcakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.