What type of conditions can be treated with MLS?
Both acute and chronic conditions can successfully be treated with MLS laser therapy.
Sprains and Strains
Plantar Fasciitis/ Heel pain
MLS LASER THERAPY WITH THE M6 LASER
As part of our commitment to quality care, we are pleased to offer MLS Laser Therapy as a safe and effective option to manage your pain, improve mobility, and help you return to normal activities faster. We feel that MLS Laser Therapy provides the best possible care for you, and we are proud to offer this service.
What Is Laser Therapy
MLS Laser Therapy uses specific wavelengths of light that have a strong anti-inflammatory, anti-edema effect on tissues that are exposed to the laser. Painful conditions accompanied by swelling or inflammation benefit from this technology.
How does it work?
Photons of laser energy penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. As a result of exposure to the MLS Laser, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles repair themselves faster. As inflammation is reduced pain subsides very quickly. In simple terms, laser energy kick-starts the healing process, thereby speeding recovery.
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy:
Reduced Inflammation –the laser energy will reduce inflammation and swelling with no known negative side effects!
Less Pain – The MLS Therapy Laser will reduce pain by over 50% in three to four treatments and is non-addictive.
Improved Wound Healing– Reducing the time it takes to heal wounds by increasing circulation and encouraging the formation of Fibroblasts, the building blocks of the healing process.
Faster return to normal activities – Quick and painless, MLS Therapy is the quickest and most effective path to pain relief and healing.
It does not require the use of drugs or surgery – Studies have shown that it is equal to or more effective than other forms of physical therapy.
Is MLS Safe?
Over a span of nearly three decades more than 3,000 scientific studies have been conducted, from 37 different countries, with no known side-effects observed. MLS laser therapy has been cleared by the FDA, and is safe and effective.
What should you expect?
Laser Therapy is a painless treatment that usually lasts several minutes. Patients may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application.
What can I expect after the treatment?
Most patients see positive results in within just a few treatments. The swelling at the site of injury and pain is usually greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of pain. Chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments. Although no therapy works without fail for all patients the M6 laser exhibits a high rate of satisfaction on the patients that we have applied it too.
How does MLS work?
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilatation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system, which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to reduced inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain-killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in the damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include the acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilatation and increases the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen, and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavin mononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser Therapy is an effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.