Mirror, Mirror on the Floor: I See Diabetic Foot Checks in Store
Proper foot care for diabetics is crucial. Diabetic patients are more prone to foot problems such as:
- Loss of feeling in their feet
- Changes in the shape of their feet
- Foot ulcers and sores that do not heal
Simple daily foot checkups can prevent serious problems in the long run. It is always better to catch them early rather than later.
Follow these simple everyday steps that will help prevent serious complications with your feet:
- Take care of your Diabetes.
- Check your feet every day. If you have trouble bending over use a plastic mirror to see your feet.
- Protect your feet from the elements by wearing proper shoes and socks. If you are unsure of what types of shoes and socks to wear, contact your podiatrist. Your questions are important and we want to help!
- Wash your feet every day. Be sure to keep the area between your toes dry, as that is an area fungus likes to live!
- Keep skin soft and smooth.
- Keep the blood flowing through your feet with light activities.
A simple search online for plastic mirrors will get you on your way to healthier feet. Start your diabetic foot checks today!!
At Doctor Hollander’s office, our staff is highly trained and sensitive to diabetic patient’s needs. If you feel you are in need of care, please call our office today at (707) 578-1222.