How To Keep Your Children’s Feet Clean This Summer
Schools’ out, the weather is getting warmer, no more socks and boots are going to be worn. Summer is almost here and children are going to be wearing sandals and walking barefoot at the beach. It is very important to keep their feet clean and healthy. Here are some tips on how to keep their feet clean during the summer:
- Wash your kid’s feet daily. You can soak their feet in warm water and soap for about 5 min. Make sure to dry well in between their toes.
- Check their toenails and trim them if needed. Make sure to get the dirt from above and underneath the nail.
- If your child has dry feet, massage their feet with a moisturizer.
- Give your child a break from socks. Let their feet air out.
- Wash or sanitize their shoes. Dirty shoes can cause smelly feet or fungal infections.
- Check your child’s feet for any redness or signs of fungal infections. Go to your local podiatrist for anti-fungal creams.
- Buy shoes that allow air circulation to their feet. This will prevent sweating.
- Throw away old, dirty shoes that can cause injury.
If you would like to have your child’s feet checked out call Dr. Hollander to schedule an appointment today, 707-578-1222.