Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is a holiday enjoyed by people of all ages. It is always fun to dress up and share your costumes with your friends, classmates, coworkers or the public.
Here are a few tips on keeping yourself and your children safe this Halloween while trick-or-treating:
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision.
- Trick-or-Treat in groups.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods.
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully. Drive slowly.
Have fun this Halloween and remember to always check your candy for any openings or tampering before eating it.