DIY Clay Foot Mask
Are your feet feeling a bit on the dry side? Are you feeling sluggish and want a way to re-charge your body through detox? Or perhaps you just want to add a fun extra step in your foot pampering routine? Try making this DIY detoxing clay foot mask!
Bentonite is a type of clay used in skin detox with properties that can draw heavy metals and toxins out of the body. The medicinal use of the clay dates as far back as ancient civilizations in Europe, Asia and North Africa. You will most likely find this clay in health food stores in the beauty department.
3 Tbsp 100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay
3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3-5 Drops 100% Lavender Essential Oils
Non- Metallic mixing bowl and mixing tool (spoon, spatula) (Using metallic utensils could de-activate the clay properties)
Wash cloth or soft bristle brush
Water for rinsing feet
*Optional- 2 One-Gallon Storage Bags
- Combine in a non-metallic bowl, Calcium Bentonite Clay and Apple Cider Vinegar. NOTE: Once you add the vinegar to the clay, it will begin to bubble and fizz which is normal.
- Once clay and vinegar are thoroughly mixed, add 3-5 drops of essential oils and mix well until a wet clay consistency.
- Apply half of the mixture to the bottom of one foot and a thinner amount on the top of your foot. Repeat on the second foot.
- Let dry for 20-30 minutes.
- *Optional: Place each foot into a plastic storage bag while drying. Busy Moms that don’t have the luxury to sit still for 20 minutes may want to go this route.
- Rinse off feet in luke warm water. You may need to use a wash cloth or a soft bristle brush to help remove the clay.
We hope that this regimen helps you to feel better on the inside and out. If you have any concerns or questions regarding your feet, call our office at (707) 578-1222.