10 Tips for Evening and Night Running
Running is one of the best exercises you can do. If you find it hard to find time to fit running into your schedule, you may choose to do evening and night runs to help you stay fit.
Here are some tips for evening and night running:
- Stay Hydrated. Make sure you drink a few glasses of water a few hours leading up to your run.
- Wear Layers. You can wear a light jacket to begin your run, making it comfortable to start your run, then you can remove it once you start to warm up.
- Safety first: Wear a reflective clothing. Use bright colors like neon yellow, green or orange. You can even purchase a reflective vest
- Purchase small flashing running red lights to wear on your back and your shoes. This helps alert other pedestrians, cyclist and motorists of your presence.
- Use a head light, point it to the ground illuminating the road ahead of you.
- Use a face shield to protect you from the cold wind. A scarf or a specialty bandana can come in handy in cold or windy weather.
- Use clear sport glasses to protect your eyes from the wind, dust or rain if your eyes tend to get irritated easily.
- Skip music headphones. You may choose to only wear one side of the ear buds at low volume for safety.
- Stay alert, safety should be your number one priority when you run at dusk or night time.
- It’s safer to run with a running partner. Find another likeminded friend or relative to help you stay safe out on the road.
Have fun staying fit and enjoy your fun runs.
By: Jesus C. Vazquez, PMAC